Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hammer is Good!

This morning I have a strange urge to play some SnGs on Full Tilt. I generally don't play many SnGs, and most of my play has been at Bodog for the past few months. At 9AM most of the players at my tables are Europeans. Some of the play makes me want to vomit.

At one of my tables I decide to punish the plethora of limpers by raising pot from the button with AKs. Late position frenchy-limper decides to call. K82 on the flop, frenchy checks I bet pot and he calls. The turn gives me a flushdraw to go along with my top-top, I bet about 3/4 of the pot and frenchy calls. The river is a seemingly blank 7, frenchy decides to bet out half the pot. I of course make the call and lose the pot. He then typed "Hammer is good!" into the chat box, which I thought was quite amusing. The Hammer is a raising hand, not a limp-call, check-calling hand.

No comments: